- Davis, S. & Brown, K. (2017). Automatically Discounted: Using Black Feminist Theory to Critically Analyze the Experiences of Black Female Faculty. International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation (IJELP), 12(1), 98-106.
- Brown, K. (2015, December 1). How Professional Development Can Make a Difference on Teachers' Disposition Toward Diversity in the Classroom. Leaders of Learners, 12-17
- Brown, K. (2016). Constructing Quality Professional Development for Culturally Responsive Pedagogy. Journal of the Alliance of Black School Educators (JABSE), 9(1), 33-43.
- Brown, K. & Williams, D. (June 2017). Leading for Equity: A Three Part Series. Invited presentation for the School Reform Initiative [Webinar]. In SRI Webinar Series.
- Brown, K. & Gray, P. (April 2016) – How Race and Gender Impact Female School Principals’ Identities and Leadership Styles. Presented at the annual conference for American Educational Research Association (AERA). Washington, DC.
- Brown, K. & Fowler, D. (November 2016) – Using Equity Theory to Highlight Implications for Underserved Students- Ignite Session. Presented at the annual conference for University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA). Detroit, MI.
- Brown, K., Gray, P., Rodriguez, S., Matyjasik, E., Khan, S.T. (November 2016) – Extraordinary Women in Educational Leadership: Voices of Latina, African American, and Pakistani Female Leaders – A Symposium. Presented at the annual conference for University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA). Detroit, MI.
- Brown, K. (July 2016) – Creating Cultural Responsiveness: Protecting Academic and Cultural Relevance. Invited Keynote for Houston Independent School District (HISD) 3rd Annual Special Education Conference.